Soak up the beauty of the Alps on this day trip from Geneva to Chamonix at the base of famous Mont Blanc. Traveling by open-top bus with a retractable glass roof, enjoy unobstructed views and informative commentary about the region en route to Chamonix. Beat the crowds with early arrival to this famous French resort town, and use your pre-ordered lift and train tickets to avoid the queues. Wander the Alpine town by foot or choose from the following activities: ride on the highest cable car in Europe, take the railway to the Mer de Glace glacier to explore ice caves, or do both!
- Day trip from Geneva to Chamonix, a French town at the foot of Mont Blanc
- Travel through the Alps by open-top bus for unobstructed views
- Spend the day as you please in the picturesque resort town
- Ride the spectacular Aiguille du Midi cable car ride and take the Mer de Glace glacier railway tour (depending on option selected)
- Enjoy onboard audio commentary about Geneva, Chamonix and surrounding Alps region on both legs of the bus trip
What You Can Expect
Your day trip to Chamonix departs with collection from your Geneva hotel. After boarding the open-top bus — with a retractable glass roof in case of chilly weather conditions — sit back and enjoy unobstructed views of the gorgeous Swiss and French Alps as you travel through the Arve Valley.
On your 90-minute drive, enjoy an informative overview of Geneva, Chamonix and the surrounding Alps region from your audio headset, with commentary available in eight languages. Cross the Swiss border into France and arrive in Chamonix, surrounded by majestic mountains and glaciers. This picturesque Alpine town is nestled at the foot of imposing Mont Blanc, the largest peak in Europe.
Thanks to your morning departure, you'll arrive in Chamonix before the busy crowds arrive. Plus, you'll have pre-ordered lift and train tickets, letting you avoid the long queues. Your guide will drop you off in front of the Aiguille du Midi cable car, and you're free to spend the rest of the day as you please. Wander by foot to discover the town’s many delights.
With your all-inclusive ticket, take the Montenvers railway to the Mer de Glace and descend by gondola onto the glacier. Explore the ice caves that are carved out into the heart of the ice and then ride the highest cable car in Europe! Take the Aiguille du Midi cable car up to 12,605 feet (3,842 meters) to a landing of permanent snow and ice for stunning panoramas of Mont Blanc and the surrounding French, Swiss and Italian Alps. At the summit, experience the 'Step Into the Void,' an enclosed glass platform that lets you hover weightlessly above the snow-covered valley.
After your Chamonix adventure, board the open-top bus in the late afternoon and enjoy more commentary on your scenic ride back to Geneva, this time via the north side of the valley.
Collection from your Geneva hotel
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6pm
- Transport by open-top bus with retractable glass roof
- Audio commentary in 8 languages on board
- Aiguille du Midi cable car ride (if option selected)
- Montenvers railway ride (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks